ABOUT THE MOVE Moving Services sells all the different types of moving boxes and packing supplies you need to ensure the safe moving of all your household or office goods. Proper packing paper, padding and boxing procedures are very important to protect your belongings. ABOUT THE MOVE offers a full range of packing and unpacking services. Our trained packers are able to help you with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking as you need. We're the packing experts, so you can rest assured that your precious belongings will make it to the destination unharmed.
ABOUT THE MOVE Moving Services has put together some tips for packing so if you pack yourself you can assure that your household and/or office goods will be safe. Packing yourself can be a great way to economize and save time and money on your move.
No job is too big or too small for our team of movers. We have the right boxes and materials to ensure safe and secure packing of your most fragile items.
- Do not over-pack moving boxes, the heavier the items are, the smaller the box should be, such as books and can goods.
- Do not fold the tops of the moving boxes they must be sealed with packing tape.
- Put labels on tops and sides of all moving boxes.
- You should not use newspaper to pack china or lampshades because the ink can permanently stain the items.
- Be sure when packing the kitchen to not pack pots and pans with glass wear.
- When packing your glass wear be sure to wrap with packing paper or bubble wrap and stand the plates and bowls on their side to minimize the chance of breakage.
- When packing electronics use plenty of padding under, between, around and on top of the items.
- Any important papers or documents should be packed in a file box.